Collaborating as a GCC Business Partner
If we have engaged your company as a GCC Business Partner, you may need to have access to certain online resources at GCC.
GCC uses G Suite for Business (formerly Google Apps for Business) - a Google-hosted application platform. As such, Google provides authentication and access control to our cloud-based resources. In order to gain access to GCC online resources, you will need to have an email account that Google recognizes. That can be accomplished in one of two ways:
- your existing company domain and email accounts are already hosted by Google (like GCC), or
- you can "register" your non-Google company email account with Google.
If your company's domain is hosted by Google (like GCC's is), then there is no further action to take. Simply provide your company email address to your GCC colleague, and they can use that to share resources with you.
If your company's domain is not hosted by Google, you will need to "register" your non-Google email account with Google. To register your non-Google email account for use with Google-based resources, please go to this page (AFTER reading the important instructions below):
...and complete the Google account registration process. It will take less than 5 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT POINTS WHEN REGISTERING YOUR NON-GOOGLE ACCOUNT: (Refer to the screen shots below.)
- (Screen shots 1 and 2) In the email field, BE SURE TO CLICK "Use my current email address instead". (See the purple arrow in the screen shot.) That will let you enter your non-Google company email address.
- If you wish, you may choose to provide the same password in the Google form as you use for your company email account, but it may be different if you prefer. Either way, GCC WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OF THIS GOOGLE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATION.
- Click "Next".
- (Screen shot 3) Google will send a verification code to your email address which you will need to provide on this next screen. Enter the code and click "Verify".
- (Screen shot 4) Google will then ask for your phone, birthday, and gender. Providing a phone number is optional, but you must enter a response for birthday and gender. (Note: this is not used or verified in any way, so it does not necessarily need to be accurate.) When complete, click "Next".
- (Screen shot 5) When you are presented with the Google "Privacy and Terms", scroll to the bottom and click "I agree".
- This completes the registration process. You may notify your GCC colleague that your company email address is registered with Google, and they may use that to share GCC online resources with you.
This page last updated 21 November 2018.